For Today:

“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” -Proverbs 31:27

Monday, January 28, 2013

{Writing Promp} Walking In His Shoes

image: chrissroll http://freedigitalphotos.net
The following is a post writing with the writing prompt "Walking in his shoes" via Ellen Stumbo's linky. 

My life is filled with stumbling blocks, some I put in my way, others were put there by strangers or family members. The one thing I keep in mind is that nothing matters except for love.

I want to live my life following Jesus. Jesus is Love for me. He walked in love. He cared for everyone even those who spat in his face.

Walking in his shoes would mean that I take my time to live in the moment - to breath in the smiles of every person I pass on the street.

Walking in his shoes means that I will give up selfish gain in order to meet your needs.

Holding on to children and telling the adults who think 'they are in the way' and should be 'quiet' would be me, walking in his shoes.

Touching the untouchables, loving them, caring for them despite my fear and despite my natural tendency to turn away would be walking in his shoes.

I tend to think way too much on ME. I feel like I suffer when in fact I suffer very little if at all.

Walking in Jesus' shoes means being beat up, being lied about, being kicked, teased, disrespected, accused of being a devil and a cheat. It means wearing a crown of thorns and being accused of blasphemy yet loving anyway.

Walking in his shoes means that I will know who I am. I am a child of the living God. Someone who knows her weaknesses, admits to them, and spends the necessary time in prayer seeking the strength to make it through the next moment.

Walking in his shoes means that even though what I have to do is painful and goes against everything I think 'should be' I do it anyway because it is right.

Walking in his shoes means


Doing what it takes

speaking up for those who need it most

loving when I don't feel like it

keeping my tongue when I want to yell and scream

being patient with my son after telling him for the 100th time that it is okay to go
outside that talking with other people isn't as bad as he might think

not thinking negative thoughts about my ability as a parent of a son with Aspergers

not letting exhaustion over separating things so they don't touch because it really stresses him out with a kind and willing heart instead of hidden animosity

not hating myself because I wish he was born differently, 'normal'

not wishing I was dead but rather living each moment with the intention to love each person, each moment, even the imperfect ones

Walking in his shoes means less of me and more of HIM.

Want to just write? Join up with Ellen Stumbo each week as she shares a writing prompt.

Subscribe to updates via our Rss feed.

Like Momwithahook on Facebook and Follow @MomWithAHook on twitter.

1 John 4: 7-8 NKJV

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Earn SwagBucks

John 13: 34 NKJV

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

Disclosure: 2011-2012

I recommend products for which I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase using my link. (Amazon) I also do product reviews for a chance to win a prize. (one2onenetwork)

ContactMe