For Today:

“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” -Proverbs 31:27

Friday, July 13, 2012

Finally Friday #2: Catching My Breath

It has been a busy week. I managed to publish 7 posts to my crochet business blog, a couple of posts to my crochet journal and even a couple of posts on this blog. I also wrote 10 articles (which I can't share) and updated a few Squidoo lenses.

Week in Review: 


Squidoo - Something I learned on the Squidoo group a couple of weeks ago is that the tags on Squidoo have nothing to do with Google (a little) but more to do with how Squidoo users find your article. So I went to SquidUtils and checked the tags on my top 10 lenses and I had a number of "orphan tags" or dead tags.

This means hardly any other article is tagged with that term which makes it difficult to find my lens. How come I didn't know about this sooner? I'm a "Giant Squid" after all. So, my task for the next week is to eliminate all those orphan tags in my articles.

On a happier note, my new page Polka Dot plants was featured last week on the home page. Yippee. Lots of great polka dot themed pages were highlighted last week featuring the new theme.

SaraDuggan Blog - This week I hosted the Keeping home linky (which I'm the only participating in so far). Don't have much traffic to this blog but I'm working on it. I also did a post on "Waiting on God" as part of the 40 Days Blogging for God challenge and linked up with the other members of the group.

Momwithahook Blog - This week I published I post featuring 25 Christmas Crochet Patterns for July. All of them can be found on Michaels website for free. I also linked up with a few blogs on Wednesday in which I shared a Flower I worked up from a pattern I found on Pinterest. I also completed a hat that will probably be a birthday gift for my sister. Finally, I joined a challenge on Ravelry where I and a number of other bloggers will challenge ourselves for an entire year to complete projects whether crochet or knitting. I'll be posting regularly for this each Sunday. Guess what? It's not crochet either- no, I'll be concentrating on my other fiber art love, knitting. I have a book I'll be going through and I'm praying that at the end of the year I'll know how to knit a pair of socks and a sweater.

Crochet with Mom Blog - I introduced the Tall Fans stitch. This is a rather simple stitch if you know the basics of crochet. It is worked with a shell (2dc, ch1, 2dc). I made a scarf pattern using this stitch which I'll share next week on my crochet blog.

Crochet Business Blog - I'm into my third week with the 31 Days of Crochet Blogging challenge along with the Ultimate Blog challenge. If you'd like to link up you can do so at any time. Last week I covered Social media for your blog. (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, email lists, Offering a Freebie and Crochet Keywords)

Although I wrote 10 articles I can't share them with you because they were for someone else. I'm glad I'm getting the experience of writing articles for others on keyword topics.

What have you been up to this week? Share with me below in the Finally Friday Link Up. 


1 John 4: 7-8 NKJV

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

John 13: 34 NKJV

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

Disclosure: 2011-2012

I recommend products for which I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase using my link. (Amazon) I also do product reviews for a chance to win a prize. (one2onenetwork)

My Lovely Followers

Earn SwagBucks

ContactMe